Rules to keep doggies & hoomans safe
- Please read the following rules and make sure they are adhered to at all times:
- The Paw Patch Ltd is on our farm which is a working farm with the risks associated with a working farm, so please be careful.
- You enter the farm at your own risk and your own responsibility.
- We reserve the right to close the field at any time, for which a full refund will be given. Cancellation will be notified to the field user/booker.
- You are liable for any damage caused inside or outside of the field, including without limitation to the equipment which we provide in the field, by you, your dog(s) or any person in your party.
- Cars are parked and contents left within the car, at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of property or vehicles on our premises.
- Children are your responsibility and need to be supervised at all times.
- You shall not interfere with or make any alteration to the layout or arrangement of the field.
- We shall be allowed access at any time onto the Field, during your booking time slot to carry out inspections and any decisions made by us regarding safety and fitness of use will be binding. We reserve the right to refuse admission to or evict any person or dog from the Field if we deem it necessary (without liability to you).
- Be careful as the ground may be uneven, wet and a slippery space – please wear appropriate footwear.
- Due to the unprecedented and prolonged drought that we are currently experiencing, we are advising you to walk your dogs on a lead due to variable ground conditions which are outside of our control. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your dogs are capable of walking in these conditions including bringing water for both themselves and their dogs.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our premises.
- You will not do yourself, or permit the operation or release of any high flying object without the prior written consent of us, the Civil Aviation Authority and relevant Airports.
Arrival / Departure
- The gate must be closed from the road upon entry / exit for safety reasons.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than your session start time. Please do not get dogs out of vehicles until the previous session user has finished and safely loaded their dogs.
- Please do not exercise your dog outside the secure field. These areas form part of our farm and are out of bounds and not managed for the purpose of dog walking.
- Dogs must be kept on leads until safely inside the secure field boundary and the gate closed.
- Please make sure the field gate is closed immediately upon entering and leaving the field.
- Please do not climb on fencing or gates.
- Please ensure you have your dog(s) back in your vehicle 5 minutes before the end of your session.
- No extension is allowed for any late arrival to the field.
- All dog excrement MUST be picked up in the poo bags which are provided and then placed in the dog poo bin. It is your responsibility to pick up after your dog. Failure to do so may see you unable to book future sessions.
- It is recognised that due to the nature of the field it is possible you might not see where your dog has pooped. If you do happen across a poo that someone else has missed please pick it up, hopefully by doing this we can keep the field in a clean condition for all users.
- Do not drop litter anywhere. Please take it home to dispose of it or place it in one of the black rubbish bins provided.
Dog Play Equipment
- Within the Field we provide dog play equipment for canine use only. It is not suitable or safe for people to use. The equipment is checked by us to ensure it is fit for use. If you notice any damage to the equipment before you use it then please notify us immediately on 01206 481 985. If you damage the equipment during your booking time slot then you must notify us at the end of your booking time slot. Where damage is caused by you then in accordance with clause 9 above, you will be liable for its replacement or repair.
- Before using any equipment located within the Field, you should ensure that your dog is physically fit and strong enough to perform activities. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any injury or death of your dog through using the equipment in the Field. A dog(s) use of this equipment is at your sole risk.
- The equipment must not be used in wet or icy conditions as the surfaces will become slippery and are likely to injure your dog(s).
- You should not push your dogs(s) to do anything that they are not physically or mentally capable of.
- Dogs should not be left unattended at any time. You should accompany your dog at all times, so that you are aware of what you pet is doing and that they are safe.
- All dogs using the field must be wormed and have all vaccinations up to date or have been titre tested.
- The Paw Patch is to be used for the sole purpose of dog walking. Ball games, bikes and classes are NOT PERMITTED.
- If your dog is ill or has been ill within the last 48hours of your session time, please cancel you session and re-book it as required.
- In keeping with the law regarding ‘responsible dog ownership’, you are entirely responsible for yours and your dog(s)’ safety whilst at the field and at our premises. The law states that we should be in control of our dogs at all times. This is also relevant at the field, whether you are alone or one of our representatives is present.
Discover our Locations
Dunton Road, Basildon
Dunton Road, Basildon
Eight Ash Green
Foxes Lane, Eight Ash Green
Great Bromley - Dog Walking Field with Obstacles
Hilliards Road, Great Bromley